- Personal Training on the premises of any University of Illinois Division of Campus Recreation facility is restricted to Campus Recreation Personal Trainers only. Any participant who is conducting or is suspected of conducting personal training with a patron in a Division of Campus Recreation facility and who is not a Campus Recreation staff personal trainer will have membership privileges reviewed and/or revoked. An individual may be suspected of personal training if he/she does (but is not limited to) the following:
- Assisting a patron with equipment and adjustments.
- Writing and/or designing a program for a patron.
- Explaining and providing exercise technique to a patron or group of patrons.
- Meeting with the same individual on a frequent basis.
- Meeting with several different individuals within a given time period.
- Directing exercise order for a patron.
- Collecting or receiving payment from a patron for a session.
- Assisting a patron with spotting, technique, or any specific instruction, but not exercising with that individual.
- All required forms must be completed, current, and on-file prior to each session.
- All forms expire one year from completion date or as medical history or payment method changes.
- All patrons must wear appropriate footwear and clothing to each session.
Personal trainer must be notified 24 hours in advance of scheduled sessions. You must receive verbal confirmation of cancellation from the trainer. If you do not appear for a scheduled appointment or fail to give 24 hours notice, you will be charged for the full session. Please call if you are going to be more than 5 minutes late for a session. Personal trainers will only wait 15 minutes for late arrivals and your sessions will start from the time agreed upon.
If you purchase a Personal Training Sessions and cannot finish the sessions due to health issues, you are eligible for a refund for unused sessions minus a $5 processing fee. You must provide documentation from your physician to receive this refund. This refund is based upon the approval from the Lead Assistant Director of Fitness Operations.
If you purchase between 1-9 sessions there will be a 30-day expiration from the date of purchase. If you purchase 10 or more sessions there will be a 90-day expiration from the date of purchase. Free Personal Fitness Training coupons expire one year after the date of distribution. Considerations may be made by the Lead Assistant Director of Fitness Operations, for special circumstances.