General Facility Policies
Locker Room Policy
- No glass in locker rooms.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items or items vacated due to unauthorized use.
- No use of cameras or video recorders allowed at any time.
- Regardless of age, people are not allowed in the opposite sex’s locker rooms.
- A Gender Neutral Changing Room is available at the ARC and CRCE and includes restrooms, showers, lockers and an infant changing table.
- Only swimsuits are to be placed in the water extractors in the locker rooms.
Locker Usage Policy
- With the exception of rental lockers, items may not be left overnight. Contents of unauthorized lockers will be removed by Campus Recreation staff.
- All lockers must be vacated at the close of each day. Any lockers with items remaining at close will be unlocked and items will be vacated. Campus Recreation is not responsible for storing items left in lockers.
- No items may be hung outside of the lockers.
All University of Illinois recreational facilities are non-smoking facilities. State law prohibits smoking within 15 feet of any door.
Food and Drink Policy
Food and drink are permitted in designated areas only. Glass containers are prohibited at all times.
Organized/group activities should be approved in advance by Campus Recreation schedulers or will be subject to the discretion of on duty management. Use of facilities for paid instructional or coaching purposes is prohibited with the exception of recognized Campus Recreation programs.
Personal Transportation Items
Bicycles, rollerblades, roller skates, and skateboards are prohibited within all facilities. Bike racks are available in front of all facilities. No bikes are allowed to be parked/locked on railings, signs, or benches.
Cellular Phone Use
Due to the potential for cellular phones to be used as a photographic device, their use is prohibited in all restrooms and locker room areas. Patrons may use cellular phones in other areas but must adhere to restrictions regarding photography and videotaping. Violators of the above policies may be asked to leave the premises and may face further disciplinary actions.
We encourage our members to bring only necessary items to our facilities. Leave valuables at home and be especially vigilant in providing for the security of belongings.
Patrons requiring assistance or special consideration for use of Campus Recreation facilities should contact a staff member.