Court Reservation Policies
Campus Recreation's intent in managing informal or "drop in" use of court space is to provide facility access to multiple distinct or unique groups. Therefore, all reservations are for one hour only and for only one reservation per day per person or group for a specific space. An individual may, however, make reservations for different types of courts at different time.
Organized and group activities must be approved in advance by Campus Recreation through the space rental procedure. All space utilization is ultimately subject to the discretion of Campus Recreation. Use of facilities for paid instructing or coaching is prohibited.
Campus Recreation members may reserve one hour of court time per day per person per group for the following types of courts or one spot per day in the following fitness classes:
- Inline Skating (CRCE only)
- Indoor Soccer (must use an approved indoor soccer ball)
To reserve a court or class sport, members may present their i-card to Member Services during building hours or by calling the phone-in reservation line during designated hours. Members will be asked their UIN if calling for a reservation. Members may not attempt to sign-up another member or reserve a court with no intention of playing.
All reservations are forfeited if member is not present within 10 minutes of reservation start time.
Reservations may only be made the day of intended play. Members may not reserve courts with the intent of playing other activities in designated areas.
Racquetball and Squash Courts
- Racquetball/squash players have priority on racquetball/squash courts and squash players have priority on squash courts. This priority is in effect even if those using the courts for other purposes have a reservation for that court.
- The courts may be used for purposes other than their primary use but they cannot be reserved for those purposes.
- Only non-marking shoes may be used on court surfaces.
- Goggles are required for racquetball and squash play.
- The ARC courts may be reserved for wallyball play.