Current full and part time UIUC employees are eligible to purchase Campus Rec memberships. To purchase a membership, the employee must present his/her valid i-card to Member Services. If the employee is Extra Help and does not have an i-card, he/she must present a recent pay stub and state issued photo ID during business hours (M-F 8:30-5p) so Campus Rec may verify current employment with University Personnel.
Full-time employees may have their membership fees assessed via payroll deduction by completing the necessary paperwork. Payroll deduction may also be used to assess fees for spouse/partner memberships.
The Campus Rec membership affords the faculty/staff member the following privileges:
- Access to all recreational sports facilities to include:
- Activities and Recreation Center (ARC)
- Campus Recreation Center-East (CRCE)
- Ice Arena
- Freer Pool
- Privilege of sponsoring up to five guests per day at the daily fee.
- Eligibility to sponsor one non-university affiliate for Associate membership.
- Eligibility to participate in programs offered by Campus Recreation.
- Discounted rates for select programs offered by Campus Recreation.
Retirees of UIUC, by presenting their University retiree's card, may use Campus Rec facilities following the same procedures as faculty/staff. This policy also pertains to retirees' spouses and to the surviving spouse of faculty/staff at UIUC. These policies are in accord with the University's policies concerning retired personnel and their spouses as well as the surviving spouses of faculty, staff, and annuitants.
Retirees or their spouses may purchase a Campus Rec membership for the same fee charged to faculty/staff Campus Rec members. Alternatively, a retiree, by presenting the University Retiree's card, may purchase a daily pass.