Children's Hours and Policies
Children's Access Policy
Children's Memberships are valid at the ARC and CRCE only during Children’s Hours. These are designated times for members and guests ages 17 and under to utilize ARC or CRCE. In the fall and spring semesters, those times are:
- Friday: 4-8 pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 9 am-8 pm
During break periods (this includes summer) Children's Memberships are honored at the ARC and CRCE during all facility hours. Children 3 and under are free only during Children's Hours. Children 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or adult who has purchased a Campus Recreation membership.
Children ages 15 and under:
- At least one parent/legal guardian or adult must purchase a Campus Recreation membership and accompany the child to the facility. They must supervise their child in all activity areas by remaining with the child in the same activity area at all times.
- Children may not use free weights, any fitness equipment, or the track.
- Permitted areas of use: climbing wall, pools, gyms, racquetball courts.
- Parent/legal guardian or adult must check-out equipment on behalf of the child.
- Children may not sponsor guests or associate members.
Children ages 16-17:
- Parent/legal guardian or adult is not required to purchase a Campus Recreation membership for themselves in order to purchase a membership for their child.
- Child may enter the facilities without parent/legal guardian or adult.
- Child may check out equipment by presenting Visitor i-card to Member Services.
- Child may not make court reservations.
- Child may not sponsor guests or associate members.
Access to ARC/CRCE Outside Children's Hours
Children ages 17 and under may use ARC or CRCE during regular facility hours only when they are with a sponsoring parent/legal guardian or adult and have purchased a full price daily guest pass ($10).
- Regardless of age, females are not allowed in the men’s locker room and males are not allowed in the women’s locker room. A gender neutral changing room is available at both ARC and CRCE facilities.
- Some areas like the pools and the strength and conditioning areas may also have more specific rules and policies that will be posted and enforced by staff.
- The adult/legal guardian or adult is responsible for the safety of children under 16 who participate in informal recreation.