Employees of Campus Recreation will receive the following benefits after completion of their probationary period:
- Flexible work schedule. Employees are allowed to secure substitutes to cover their shifts, and management works to accommodate employees' academic/alternate schedules.
- Fun, recreational environment and on-campus locations.
- Interaction and networking with students, faculty, and staff.
- Professional Development opportunities.
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills at Campus Recreation leadership retreats.
- Be part of various committees to improve Campus Recreation.
- Earn promotions and gain a higher role within the Division.
- Earn awards and recognitions from supervisors and the entire Division.
- Staff shirt replacement after two years. Additional shirts available at cost.
- Student employees must work a minimum of six hours per week to be eligible for free membership. This applies to extra-help staff and students who are not assessed the service fee. If not eligible for a free membership, Campus Recreation will offer a membership at the faculty/staff rate.
- 3 free guest passes, 15 free group fitness classes, and 3 free climbing wall passes per semester. Please contact Sherry Duncan by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the administrative office suite to sign up. Your passes will be available two days after you request them.
- Free CPR/BBP/AED certification classes offered to Campus Recreation employees. Contact Assistant Director for Human Resources.
- One free functional movement screen and consultation (completed in one session). Contact Assistant Director for Fitness Programs..
- One session of Learn-to-Swim group lessons per semester as roster spots are available. Contact Aquatics Assistant Director.
- Five complementary passes per semester for free admission to public skating, drop-in hockey, or free-style sessions. Contact Ice Arena Associate.
- One session of Learn-to-Skate group lessons per semester, as roster spots are available. Contact Ice Arena Associate.
- Each unit within Campus Recreation (IM’s, Aquatics, etc.) is offered one free team entry per event that Intramurals offers, within the following parameters. If one or both of these requirements is not met, teams will be billed the regular entry fee for that sport.
- Teams from Campus Rec units must register on-line as is required for all teams in that sport.
- Teams from Campus Rec units are required to inform the Assistant Director of Intramurals upon their registration that their team consists of at least 65% Campus Rec staff. Email Nick Singer (email@example.com) the complete roster with names and the Campus Rec unit that the person works for.